Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Three Years Later

At 65 I am fed up with having to continually do this.

I do not want to be the obese woman in the wheel chair and unable to do anything for myself, so this finally has to work and the weight has to stay off.

So even if I have failed on every other attempt over the last 55 yrs I am still going to give it a go.

I got back from holiday 2 weeks ago and decided that enough. I am fed up of looking and feeling like this.

One of the things I have picked up over my reading is that insulin is the main problem when trying to lose weight. Insulin opens the doors to the cells, ushers the fat in and slams the door shut and keeps it shut. The fat cannot get out again if the blood stream is full of insulin. When your body cant get at the fat stores it send panicky messages for more food and the cravings kick in.

I had a fasting insulin text at my last medical. 26, I was told normal is under 10.

One of the most insulicmic foods is milk. I have always drunk milk in my coffee. 6 or 7 mugs of coffee every day. I have switched the skim milk and back again. But never given it up.

This time I have.

My drink of choice is now rooi ( red) bush tea with cinnamon. One tea bag does me most of the day. I just keep adding boiling water to it!

We bought a walking machine and have set it up in the lounge so I can put on a DVD and get some exercise. I am up to 2km a day. Walking only.

I skip breakfast, not really hungry in the morning. I have lunch around 11.30 to 12. Green veg with a tomato sauce ( home made) and a bit of cheese all microwaved.

Mid afternoon I have an egg salad with some mayo and balsamic.

Then evening is meat/chicken/fish and green veg.

I am impressed with Tom Kerridge. Got the book last week.

He talked about enjoying your diet. Maybe I will enjoy this one!

I feel lighter and have noticed more energy and find myself tidying up stuff that has been sitting for months!

About 4kg gone so far.




No comments: