Sunday, April 23, 2017

So Far So Good

Weigh day is tomorrow.

Hope to find the weight loss is continuing. I have moved the scale into my daughters flat next door so I am not continually jumping, or rather carefully stepping, on to it, a la Bridget Jones.

I have starved myself down in the past a couple of times. I usually aim for around 64kg. But within a few weeks the cravings get too strong and I find I am eating my way back to my usual mid 90kg.

At the start of this last attempt I was well over 100kg and feeling really tired with no energy.

What I have found is that giving up the milk has definitely made a difference to my appetite control in the afternoons.

From about 3pm onwards I used to continually want to snack and would be visiting the fridge to find something to eat.

Now I can go 3 or 4 hrs without eating anything and then have a nice hot plate of veg with cheese or a cold salad and easily forget about food till the next meal. I can walk past the fridge without opening it to find a little something.

I am just hoping I have finally found the simple answer to my obesity. Give up milk and white carbs. I dont have any bread either.

I feel my legs are thinner but still plenty to go off the centre area.

Today my husband has bacon for breakfast. So I will have a bowl of green beans, home made tomato sauce, bacon and cheese all heated in microwave for lunch just before 12. Yesterday I topped that with anchovy paste to give lots of flavour.

That will be my first meal of the day.

I have hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I cook 6 at a time and have those with some lettuce, maybe avo and mayonnaise and balsamic in the afternoon.

Then what ever meat we are having with green veg and cauliflower. I managed to find some cauliflowers in the local shop.

I am still on my blood pressure pills but wondering if I will be able to cut back in a few weeks time. Will keep checking at home to see if the numbers are fine.

If milk is my problem I wish I had know 50 yrs ago. It would have saved so much grief and upset over the years!


No comments: