Friday, December 06, 2019

Trying Fasting this week

For the past 6mths I have been doing a morning fast.

I have coffee and cream at 6am but dont have any food till around 12. This has been working well for me.

This week I decided to see if I could extend the fast. On Sunday we went to a braai and I had bone broth in the evening. Monday I did not eat all day till the evening. I coped well with coffee and cream, bone broth and rooibos tea.

What I did not expect was to find myself eating more on the following day. I probably had about 5 feedings but they were all low carb.

I know now that the fasting experiment was a success but on the following day I need to make sure I have a substantial breakfast. Maybe a cheese omelette with butter. Then bone broth for lunch and my normal dinner.

I think this will make the fasting easier to manage on the day after.

My weight is still dropping slowly and I am in a lower size of trousers. 16 down from a 24.

I am enjoying my courses in LCHF and coaching courses.

No comments: