Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Insulin control and Magnesium

Another month just about gone.

I have a series of memos on my phone showing weights at various control points, holidays, hair appointments, etc etc.

I then make a note on the memo of my weight on that day, then save it till next time.

I seem to have settled at a weight loss of around 2kg a month.

That is less than I did on my low calorie diets but I feel it is far more sustainable.

I can keep this up for however long it takes.

So total weight loss to date is 11kg in just under 3 mths.

What has made such a difference this time if the absence of cravings for cereal or bread 2 or more hrs after lunch. Now I can have my lunch and then wait until supper for my next feed. Sometimes I do fancy something and maybe have some almonds, or a small dish of my yogurt cheese with xylitol syrup and cinnammon. But I am in control and dont feel I have failed and binged.

I started taking magnesium about a month ago. I have been taking 2 capsules at night along with some tumeric extract.

The other day I also took magnesium in the morning along with my other tablets and vitamins. I am finding I feel better and happier with the extra magnesium so will continue like that.

Magnesium is needed in so many processes at cell level and I have never taken any supplements. So am sure I was deficient.

I like having some nice things in the fridge and freezer that I can heat up for myself. I have frozen mashed cauliflower in individual portions, tomato sauce ( home made so I know what is in it), cooked mushrooms and some quiche muffins.

I made quiche muffins for church lunch and they went very fast. I make them in silicon cupcake moulds so no need for pastry.

Its nice to be able to cook again. Yesterday I made a batch with cooked spinach in them. I make 24 at once and put them in the fridge. My DH also enjoys them hot for his lunch. I put a little milk in the mix about half cream and half milk.

For so many years I have felt depressed about my weight. I was either starving and miserable and then binging or eating like there was no tomorrow.

Its good to find a chemical reason for the problem and finally start seeing some progress. 

No comments: