Saturday, June 08, 2019

Metabolism Change

I did not think it was possible to change your metabolism.

After 67 yrs living in this body I was used to it demands for carbs and sugar in the afternoons and evenings and accepted that as it has always been this way it would always continue and I would always accept that I would struggle with my appetite.

I was used to counting calories and cutting fat and being in a permanent state of low blood sugar, high insulin and being hungry every afternoon and evening.

Now I am consuming fat in my diet and cutting way down on my carbs, on a keto diet I find the hunger has gone.

I might feel like having some cheese maybe in the afternoon. But I eat without guilt and enjoy what I am eating.

I have high fat fromage frais made from yoghurt for breakfast. My bone broth with either marmite or bovril and oil or butter for lunch.

Evening is meat and vegetables.

I am getting into jeans I have not worn in years.

I have an expectation now that as long as I do not go back to my high carb diet I will continue to lose the weight and then be able to maintain a new slim figure. Something I have never been able to claim before.

No comments: