Thursday, March 07, 2019

It's the Insulin

I dont know why my metabolism does what it does but at least now I know how to fix it.

Not eating breakfast means I dont experience cravings after lunch, which is now my first meal of the day, and I dont constantly eat after dinner at night.

My breakfasts were always pretty boring. 2 eggs poached or boiled or scrambled. Bacon maybe at weekends.

I do miss them but if it means I have solved this problem of endlessly putting on weight then I am prepared to give them up.

What I do have now is 2 or 3 coffees with cream. I was having real coffee and instant. But found I was having sleep issues. So now I have one instant and 2 decaf and my sleep has gone back to normal.

It is such a relief to sit in the afternoon or do some activity without the constant urge to visit the fridge or pantry to hunt for something to eat.

I cant believe every afternoon that my need to constantly eat and or binge has gone.

It was caused by a chemical reaction in my body. Insulin was too high, glucose too low and so my brain sent me off on a food hunt.

Now my insulin is low, my glucose stable and my metabolism can get at the fat stores that insulin had locked up and would not allow access to.

So the cravings have gone.

Over 5kg less of me now.

No comments: