Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Keto Eating or Keto Dieting?

 I have realized what I have been doing over the last 4 to 5mths is keto eating.


So I have been bobbing up and down around the same weight. Sometimes feeling in control and sometimes feeling out of control.


Keto eating is maybe still fasting in the morning. I find this easy to do as I am not hungry in the morning. So my first meal is at 11.30. I was eating an omelette with butter cheese and vegetables. After that as long as it was keto I did not worry about what I was consuming. I made some keto bread with macadamia and flax and peanut butter and would toast slices of that. Then in the evening I would have a keto supper of meat and vegetables, followed by evening snacks if I desired them.

The above regime might do for a keto maintenance diet where I was trying to keep the weight stable, but as a weight loss diet it was a non starter. I stayed within 2 or 3 kg of my lowest weight but was certainly not going any lower.

In the last week I am formulated a keto diet. I have my coffee cream and collagen powder in the  morning.

Brunch is now 3 poached eggs, small amount of butter and a few green veg for flavour. I plan to have no snacks in the afternoon or evening and have my main meal of meat and veggies at 6.

If I think I am tempted to walk to the fridge in the evening I will rather walk to the bath and have a bath and go to bed early!! My danger zone for eating is 7pm to 9pm. Better not to even eat keto foods such as cheese at that time.

My jeans are definitely feeling they are fitting better since last week and the scale is going down again.

So feeling much happier with myself.


No comments: