Monday, April 20, 2009

Workout time

I went on to a proper low carb Atkins diet at the end of February. Before that I had been doing a medium carb diet but was still having problems with cravings in the afternoon. Doing the Atkins diet has stopped those cravings unless I am tired. When I do have cravings now I try and eat high protein and medium fat snacks or even bring my meal forward.

Since I gave up all the grains and starchy veg I have found that my sleep pattern has changed. I just dont need the sleep I used to. Whereas before I used to have 9 or 10 hours a night and still woke up tired now I only need 6 or 7 hours sleep and I am awake and ready to get on with the day.

This is a bit tricky as on the farm we are usually in bed by 9.30 so I am now waking up at 3 or 3.30. So I get up and pick up my exercise clothes and then spend half an hour on the internet and do 1 hours exercise from 4 till 5. I have been doing this for a week now and it is working well. I hope to see my tummy and arms toning up.

I am now the weight I was for my daughters wedding 2 years ago but still want to lose another 20lbs or so. I know it is going to be slower now but as long as I can maintain and lose and not put on I will be happy.

No comments: