Sunday, May 05, 2019

Skipped Birthday Cake

Yesterday was invited to a birthday. Bring a plate. So I took three.

First had cooked cocktail sausages, second avo guacamole and third yogurt cheese with black pepper mustard and worcester sauce. Made some flax biscuits and cut cucumber to go with those.

So I had something I could eat. I also cut back on the carbs for supper and did not have my usual french beans.

So dinner was only 4gms carbs. Total for day 20.

Quite confused on my flax biscuit recipe. I made them from a recipe and it said makes 12 biscuits at 1 gm carb each. I made about 15 as I cut them smaller. However when I put them in the food tracker said they were 4gms carbs each. I know that the food tracker is now including fibre in the carb count which I do find confusing. If fibre is not digested and does not influence insulin then I dont understand why the old system does not apply and carbs, starch and sugars are listed separately to fibre. Made more sense to me that way.

 Not finding the scale moving at all for the past week. I did start eating avocados which I love but does not seem to suit me.

However I am still feeling slimmer than before. Got some nice comments yesterday about my flowery frock we had to wear for the party.

In the past I have fantasized about being put into an induced coma to lose the weight!!

I have even thought about stomach stapling and read about inflatable balls being inserted in the stomach.

Neither of the above are necessary. The over eating stems from a chemical hormone imbalance when the body cannot access the stored fat, it's locked away in a vault and the body is using the glucose stores like an ATM, deposits and withdrawals as necessary.

When the ATM runs out of money instead of switching to use the vault fat the body demands robbery and binging!!

Being now on fat burning metabolism I no longer have any need for afternoon eating even though I am eating less calories than I have eaten on past diets.

I no longer feel hungry after my lunch meal.

No comments: