Thursday, May 02, 2019

Made Bone Broth Yesterday

RMR is recommending bone broth so got some chopped beef bones yesterday to make my first pot.

Roasted bones first and put in pot with onion carrot and water. Maybe I did not simmer it long enough. Had about 5hrs.

Disaster as I went to strain it from one pot to another. Second pot ended up on the floor with a third of my bone broth!! Managed to save the rest. It has not gelled in the fridge which I expected it to. I read a recipe which said add chicken feet to the water. I have found that boiling up chicken wings the liquid will set to a jelly. So maybe next batch will add some chicken wings and can then remove them to make spicy grilled chicken wings for a meal. We dont get chicken feet inside the chickens anymore. So not sure where to buy them.

My afternoons are still a breeze. 12 lunch to 6 dinner with only a cup of tea. DH left his unfinished bowl of potato crisps in the lounge yesterday and I must have walked past them 30 times and never picked at one. That is progress. Previously I could not have resisted and would have probably finished off the bowl.

Am looking into my cupboard of smaller clothes and getting some of the things out.

Have put all the big elasticated trousers in a binbag and hope never to see them again.

I am looking forward with hope to each day now. Time seems to have contracted when it comes to needing food. I remember trying to only eat to the clock and go the afternoon without food but it seemed impossible. Now I can do it every day with no desire for an extra snack in the afternoon as I am not eating breakfast. Two meals a day is what will see me finally at an acceptable size.

Wish I had known this 60 yrs ago.


No comments: