Saturday, April 27, 2019

Eat more Fat

This is something I have struggled with for most of my life.

I have no addiction to fats but I do have an addiction to carbs.

From my first diet 60 yrs ago I have been told that I eat too many calories and that is the reason why I am obese and have been most of my life.

So the answer is the cut back on the fat, skim milk, bread with no butter, trim all fat off meat, no chicken skin etc etc.

Eat more carbs that are low calorie and weight loss will result.

For some of us the above has worked for a short time but its a terrible way to live if like me you are insulin resistant.

My body produces too much insulin when I eat carbs. The carbs are inserted into the cells by insulin in the form of triglcerides or glucose and then the high levels of insulin holds the cells shut.

If this goes on every day the brain is starving and then it is highly likely than a binge will set in sometime in the afternoon or evening and the insulin levels stay high and the glucose in the blood is dropping.

The brain sends out a panic message for energy and sweet carbs are the brains goto food for quick energy.

The problem is that eating less fat is counter productive. Fat can slow the release of glucose from food eaten. So less fat in the meal, quicker glucose release and higher glucose in the blood stream and higher insulin response.

I now have a very rich diet. Much richer in good fats than I have ever had in my life before.

Thick cream in my morning coffees. Full fat mayo with lunch. Meat with fat and veg with butter in the evening. Only eating twice a day. No breakfast.

I can now go comfortably between 12 lunch to dinner at 6 without any need for a snack. I have far more energy than I have ever had in my life. I get tasks finished and am no longer procrastinating because I am so tired and lethargic.

My body is switching between energy from fat in my food and fat in my body for all its energy needs.

The result is a weight loss of around 1kg every 11 days.

This is not just a diet its an eating plan for the rest of my life. I am now looking at a non obese future, something that I thought I would never achieve.

www.realmealrevolution,com




No comments: