Sunday, December 03, 2017

Maybe Obesity is fixable?

Obesity is just something I have learnt to live with. I have had it all my life and no matter what I tried I always ended up fatter than before I started the diet.

I counted calories, I counted points and weighed my food. I could lose the weight, very slowly and struggling every afternoon to avoid a binge but if I had a goal function I could do it.

Of course I never added any fat to my meals as that would give me unnecessary calories which would stop me losing weight. So fats and oils on anything was always forbidden!

I have been low fat for over 60yrs. Till now.

Now I am embracing fat. I have at every meal. Good butter, cream in my coffee any fat that comes with meat. Yesterday was kidneys fried in coconut oil for lunch.

Guess what. I am losing weight. I can feel it I feel a sort of hollowness inside. In a nice way. I feel lighter on my feet. I find it easier to move and am moving a lot more.

Ok its not a crash diet. I am not going to lose 2 st by Christmas. But maybe this Christmas I wont put 7 or 8lbs back on!

I am losing about 1 to 1.5lbs a week, and it stays off. It doesn't come back once its gone.

My afternoon struggles with food are in the past. I could never understand why 2 hrs after a meal I was hunting for food again. And not just any food, I wanted carbs and sugar and would binge on them.

I have had that so long I did not believe it would ever stop. Even if I got slim I believed I would still have to fight the urges to eat in the afternoon.

I did not realize that I had a disorder in my insulin system. My pancreas over produces insulin in response the carbs. The extra insulin keeps the fat in the cells and makes my brain to tell me to eat more.

Now I understand that to keep the insulin in the pancreas I need to get most of my calories from fat and oils. Good ones, not manufactured  ones.

That way when my body has finished using up the fat I have eaten it can easily switch into the fat stored in the cells. Because there is no insulin to act as the door keeper and keep the cell doors shut.

I have endless energy and a new belief in myself.

I am not the weak willed obese female I always thought I was.

I had a chemical problem and this has fixed it.

So I can look forward to a slim future which I thought was something I would never achieve.

No comments: