Monday, December 11, 2017

Under 200lbs

Got on the scale this morning to find I have dropped below 200lbs.

Have vowed never to go back over the 200lbs again.

As long as I stay off bread and sugar and cereal I dont see that being a problem.

I know the symptoms of addiction now. Cravings for sugar in the afternoons, feeling tired and having no enthusiasm for anything. I know that even though bread is low calorie it does not suit my system and I have better having something higher calorie with fat or oil.

I am close to half way to my first goal which is 150lbs.

Will then decide whether to try and lose more or just stay there for a bit.

At my age I dont want to become an old wrinkly overnight so might be an idea to not be too drastic.

I was 147lbs when I married over 40yrs ago. After another starvation diet!

So between those 2 figures gives me some wiggle room.

Yesterday I had my first Christmas challenge. D had lots of pastry snacks and chocolate and dried fruit.

But she also had out dry wors ( thin dried sausage) and biltong ( dried meat) so I had those instead and dipped them in the cream cheese dip rather than the biscuits.

I took my own mayonnaise and salad with avocado feta and olives. Had that with a chicken thigh for lunch.

Daughter commented I was looking good!

Hope to be able to buy some more cream today. Cream with coffee is very nice and I am finding it stops me feeling hungry. I have 1 tspn and make that last for 2 mugs. Also putting cinnamon in the coffee which helps with insulin resistance.

Finding the weight is dropping faster now I have given up the milk in my drinks and switched the cream. Go figure!

I can see and feel this working. Trousers that were tight 3 weeks ago are now comfortable.

Should be out of my size 20's soon and into size 18.

Going to sign up for the whole of next year with Banting Buddies. Great to be able to get the support and advice to make this work.

Finally after all these years of struggle and misery.


No comments: