Tuesday, February 03, 2009

57 but feel 37

Its my birthday today. Only 3 years till 60 but I feel at least 20 years younger thanks to this diet/eating plan.

Because the pounds are moving slower now I am making some changes.

First I am only going to weigh myself once a week on a Monday morning. No more jumping on and off the scales morning and evening to see how I am doing. It is self defeating as if I have put on weight from 24 hours earlier I think might as well go and have a snack, if I have lost weight I think goodie I can afford to have a snack!

Also am giving up my cereal breakfast in favour of eggs. This morning was scrambled eggs with butter! Yesterday afternoon I felt peckish so also had 2 eggs with butter.

Am also cutting down on the potatoes I have at lunch time and am not picking the potato pieces out of the soup in the evening.

This week have 2 days in Lusaka and then everybody is coming for a birthday lunch on Saturday. I am cooking so will be able to keep to the guidelines.

Will look for smoked salmon feta and cream cheese with salad for a starter. chicken and veg for main and then will get ice cream and fruit salad for dessert.

Will have my hair highlighted and get a laser treatment on Thursday.

Got the March Diet and Fitness Rosemary Conley in the post yesterday. So much stuff in there is good but she is still promoting a low fat diet which I find impossible to keep to for the rest of my life. The low carb diet is much more sustainable and I feel that this time next year at 58 I will be slimmer than I am today. Under 10 stone is what I am going to aim for.

No comments: