Thursday, November 09, 2017

Finally I think its working

I saw a new number on the scale today.

I am losing 0.1kg here and there and not every day, however I rarely see an increase, which is great and every few days I see a lower figure.

With my dieting history I am taking this very carefully. Baby steps as I know how easy it is to see the craving and binging behaviour back. I dont want to go there again.

On previous attempts it has been I need to lose weight as fast as possible so I can go back to my 'normal' eating. Of course my normal eating was totally abnormal which caused the problem in the first place.

So 50 yrs of yoyo dieting. Regular failures, almost guaranteed.

I did try and Atkins type diet a few years back. Last time I was slim. But again I was dieting for a wedding. The diet never seemed to 'gel' with me and I was regularly making a flax bread so I could eat my normal diet. Even flax bread is not something I should be eating regularly.

I have found the magnesium supplements have stopped the afternoon cravings. My afternoons are much more productive. I think of something and then do it. Rather than in earlier times when I would just sit and read and eat in the afternoons, or watch TV.

I have signed up for a Banting Buddies support group and also to train to be a Banting Buddies Coach.

This is all very exciting. I wish I had been told the right information 50 yrs ago instead of trying to put myself through torture, cutting calories and eating carbs and being perpetually hungry and totally miserable.

I feel better at the moment that I have felt for the past 40 yrs. Much more energy and get up and do something.

Also have finally achieved a decent set of nails that have not broken or split yet. Is that due to the magnesium, is it due to the insulin control? I dont know but I am enjoying them while I have them.

No comments: