Monday, November 20, 2017

Onwards and downwards

I feel I have finally found a way of eating that suits my body and that I can live with and succeed with.

For so many years I have been fighting my body, trying to punish it for being obese. Living with cravings and binging and heading for bed at 7 because I have run out of points or calories or whatever I was counting at the time.

A low calorie diet with plenty of carbs is just a recipe for disaster and failure. Even if I managed to lose weight, and I have done in the past, 60 or 70lbs, as soon as the diet stopped the weight would start to return, slowly at first and then I would just throw in the towel and the pounds would come rolling back.

I tried an Atkins type diet before and while I lost weight I was still having problems. I tried to replicate my 'normal' diet. I made bread and had that for breakfast and lunch. Then maybe had some as an afternoon snack. Even low carb flax bread is too carby for my system to cope with.

I worked out yesterday my carb level is around 45gms a day. Those are mainly from veg and salad. Since I have started the magnesium I dont get the urge to eat and/or binge in the afternoon and evenings. I can generally go from lunch about 12 to dinner at 6 with just a cup of tea in the afternoon.

In the last week I have lost 500gms. So since beginning of August that is 13kg, without feeling deprived and without having to leave the house because I dont trust myself around food.

Looking forward to getting into some of my old jeans. Looked out some of the bigger sizes. I have from size 18 to 12's in my cupboard.

On previous attempts I have been relying on will power. This is different I feel this is now the way I eat. I eat well and dont miss the carby food I used to eat.

So hope the weight will keep slowly dropping until I reach normal sizes. Hopefully somewhere around a 14 would be perfect.

No comments: