Thursday, November 30, 2017

Banting Working?

I have recently had 5 days away from my own kitchen.

Had to chose and eat food prepared by someone else.

Tried to make good choices and leave all the sugar and grains food for someone else.

Realized now that is not my food. It does not suit my system.

I need saturated fats to satisfy my system and help me lose weight.

Only 100gms gone in last week but even that is an achievement.

When eating low calorie food while on holiday I can put on 3 or 4 kg in less than a week.

I did not snack. Walked passed the ice cream shop where I have always stopped in the past for an ice cream.

Chose nice fish and steak with vegetables and enjoyed my meals.

How can I tell Banting is working.

I no longer have the desire to binge in the afternoons. I can go from lunch around 12 to dinner at 6 without needing to eat anything.

My nails are so much stronger and longer and are going to need filing. My nails have always been soft and flaky and tear easily but not any more.

I have much more energy and am no longer exhausted in the afternoons and evenings.

Trousers that would not fit 3 weeks ago are now fitting comfortably.

I am working on cutting out more carbs and adding more fat. This morning I had cream in my coffee and then kept refilling the water and coffee portion. So no milk and only a teaspoon of cream in 3 mugs of coffee.

I have to understand that calories from fat are not going to put weight on.

That is a difficult concept for me after all these years.

No comments: