Thursday, November 16, 2017

Normal Metabolism

Normal metabolism is always something that has eluded me. Either I was eating exactly what I wanted and putting on weight like there was no tomorrow.

Or I was being really really strict and not eating any high calorie foods and having tiny portions and feeling deprived of food.

This banting LCHF seems to suit me much better. Although I am losing weight slower than I have done before I am not having yoyo blood glucose issues and can go for 5 to 6 hrs in the afternoon without any need for snacks or a binge.

At this rate it is going to take me another 2 mths to get below 90kg. But that is fine I dont have any deadlines so leaving my body to get on with it.

Am enjoying being able to cook again now I can trust myself around food. Made a batch of 24 egg muffins yesterday. These had spinach and green peppers and onion blitzed up and then grated cheese added before being baked. I can keep them in the fridge or freezer and pop in the microwave for a few minutes. I have mine with salad for lunch but we have also taken them for a packed breakfast.

Since I have been taking magnesium I have found my nails much stronger. I did snap one yesterday when weaning sheep, I was putting eartags on and they did not like it! But the nail snapped and did not tear. So much stronger than before.

Am looking forward to managing to get back into some of my jeans. I have 7 sizes of clothes so will be able to dispose of the biggest 2 sizes now. Then gradually get rid of the rest as they become too big.

Looking forward to buying some new stuff but not worth getting too much now. I am dropping a size in about 2.5 to 3mths.

No comments: