Saturday, April 28, 2012

Obesity caused by lack of fat in the diet?

As Gary Taubes has written in his books our bodies need fat in the diet. But good fats and not the bad transfats or masses of processed grain oils.

Adding calories from butter to my morning eggs has made such a difference to my diet and how I am able to cope with it. I measured the knob of butter yesterday and it is 15gms which is about 100 cals plus 2 large eggs gives me a breakfast total of 240 cals. That holds me without being concerned about food till around 12 when I start thinking about lunch.

My afternoons are now productive. Instead of trying to distract myself from my cravings and tendancy to binge I now get on with projects and tasks without any drifting towards the food stores for another little something. My tendancy to nibble while I am preparing food is also under control. I sit down and eat one plateful, no seconds and am happy to leave the table feeling satisfied and know there is another nice meal coming up in 4 or 5 hours.

Got into a new pair of jeans yesterday. Looking forward to a few milestones in the next month or so. Getting under the 30 bmi, getting under 40% fat on the scale and getting the weight loss up to 30lbs in 4 months.

This has to be the easiest diet I have ever attempted.

No comments: