Monday, April 30, 2012

Onwards and downwards

Am feeling that this is working. I was thinking back to my first diet in the 1960's. I had to weigh everything. I think I lost about 35lbs in about 6 months. So that averaged about 6lbs a month but I struggled. I had cravings. I had to go to bed early as I was hungry. I never left the table thinking I had eaten enough. It made me miserable even as I was getting thinner.

This time I am losing between 5 and 6lbs a month. I have a lot further to go this time. All those low calorie low fat diets messed up my metabolism so much I now have 70lbs to lose but 30 of those have already gone.

This is so much easier. It makes me happy. I leave the table feeling satisfied. I am never hungry in the evenings. I enjoy my food and I dont weigh anything.

Went rock climbing and swimming yesterday as we went on a picnic for GD 12th birthday. I think I even surprised myself with what I could do.

I am going to eat this way for the rest of my life and just maybe I might find I have a size 12 body somewhere in here. I have seen it once, a very long time ago for a very short period of time!

No comments: