Saturday, April 21, 2012

Snakes and Ladders and Steps

I was thinking yesterday that my previous diets have been more like a game of snakes and ladders. I would go up really short ladders when I was losing weight and then would be overtaken by a binge and down the long slippery snake I would come. It is amazing to me now that I managed to lose the amount of weight I did on these low calorie low fat diets. It was a major fight between what my body seemed to want and what I wanted to happen. Once I had lost the weight I would no longer have the incentive to fight my body and my weight would come storming back with extras.

The weight loss seems much slower this time. I am happy to see the scale move down by 100gms a few times a week. Certainly not every day. But I feel that each little drop is permanent. Because I no longer have the urge to binge I am not frightened of finding I have put 1kg back on overnight. My body is steady on the next step of the ladder before I drop weight again.

I like projecting weight loss. Looks like another 2kg by the end of this month so that is 4.4lbs. So at this rate will take me 3 months to lose a stone which is 14lbs. I feel better, look better, can fit into more of my smaller clothes. For the first time I can see what my diet is going to be when I finally find the slim me under the flab I have been carrying around for years. So its a win win situation.

No comments: